A PPT is an impactful medium to get across the gist of your business to your target-audience. If by the end of the presentation, your target-audience grasps the essence of the communication and gets to know the fundamental points of your business, the purpose is solved. But if you are not thoughtful while preparing it, blunders can happen and they can happen normally at six points.
- Excess of words in the content can ruin your PPT. Abundance of texts on each slide takes away the context from it. Audience gets confused and tardy in reading all of the texts and your very purpose gets defeated.
- A presentation becomes shoddy when it contains grammatical errors. These grammatical errors give the entire presentation a bad shape and a leave an awful impression on the minds of a well-aware audience.
- Use of words in a PPT is a critical point. You should always use the words that are simple and common in the English Vocabulary. Tough terms and expressions make the communication of the message tougher.
- While an Animation in any presentation is an effective media-tool to emphasize some features of your business and it bears a certain traction-capacity also as far as the target-audience is concerned, you must not insert it for the sake of slotting it in the presentation. Sometimes, if not needed, its use backfires and diverts the attention of the audience.
- Too many images and incoherent images on the slides spoil your PPT big-time. Less content with one or two supporting images on each slide will do for you.
- Reading off each word on each slide in the PPT not only distracts your target-audience, it makes them confused. Neither they can listen to you properly nor can they read themselves correctly.