Lateral Recruitment is a regular phenomenon in various corporate circles. In this new age, when market-driven strategies rule the roost and different kinds of expertise have emerged, Lateral Hiring brings immediate solutions for organizations. But you must bear certain points in mind while making Lateral Hiring for your business:
1. You should always frame interviews in a manner where you get able to extract comprehensive but truthful information from the potential candidates.
2. You must make a definite emphasis on the experience of the prospective candidates in their respective skills.
3. You must research previous companies or organizations of the prospective aspirants thoroughly. In which capacity they worked there, what was the task assigned, their precise contribution in every assigned task, their standing in their respective organizations, all of this must be scrutinized.
4. You must try to gauge the reasons why the prospective candidates have left or are keen to leave their respective organizations to get recruited at your place.
5. The long-term perspective of your business must not be lost in the search of better potential candidates. Prospective candidates’ expertise and work-ethics must bolster your organization’s vision. You must not compromise on the company-profile by selecting even a tad inefficient candidates. Their contribution in enhancing the quality of your products or services must be explored deeply.
Selection of the right people from a different organization is the core of the Lateral Hiring and it can be achieved by appraising people on different aspects of their work-basics.